The ever popular trend among teens and women is the mom jean. It’s Avery and Poppy’s absolute favorite fit of denim. So what is considered a “mom jean”? Mom jeans is a slang term for high-waisted women’s jeans that were originally the it jean of the early 90’s. Mainly worn by middle-aged women and considered lame among anyone under the age of 40. Mom jeans then came back in style a couple years ago and I believe are now as much of a staple as the skinny jean.
Now because mom jeans usually have a super high waistline, above the belly button, making your bum appear longer and larger it’s super important you tuck your shirt in when wearing these jeans! Or you can also wear crop tops which don’t appear cropped since they waist is so high. Wearing your shirt untucked with this fit of denim makes me look sloppy and shapeless.
FAVORITE MOM JEANS
- You’ve seen me wear this 90’s FIT for several months now. I love them so much, I bought 2 pair incase they quit making them or my kids take a pair and ruin them. Size down one size.
- The same fit as the pair above, this 90’s FIT I’m wearing in today’s post is the same fit, minus the knee holes.
- Avery and Poppy wear these LEVI’S several times a week.
- This CINCHED PAIR of Levi’s might be my newest purchase!
- Avery has these BLACK MOM JEANS, she loves!
- Levi WEDGIES in black
- Great pair of mom jeans UNDER $75
- I really love this CLASSIC PAIR
- I love the wash on this pair of AGOLDE
- Considering I have this 90’s style in two washes, I guess I should also get WHITE
- Fun pair of CROPPED mom jeans