Let’s talk skincare! This is a topic I’m passionate about. Growing up with a dermatologist dad we’d receive medical magazines in the mail. The covers were always filled with terrible skin diseases, like turn your head away because these images were so gross. It wasn’t until I was about 10 when I realized my dad’s job wasn’t just cutting out cancers and tumors, there was so much more to his dermatology practice. I began working with my dad in the summers doing simple tasks like filing, picking up prescriptions from the pharmacy (I picked up more candy, than prescriptions;))
My interest grew seeing patients transform their skin over a period of time. When I graduated high school, I attended Aesthetician School in Scottsdale and a year later opened my first skincare salon. Back then esthetics schools offered chemical peel training as the most advanced procedure, the focus was on waxing and facials. A couple years later I sold my office and thanks to the knowledge from my dads medical practice mixed with my esthetics training I landed a job in San Francisco working with the self proclaimed “Botox King”. Really, this doctor I worked for refereed to himself as that, haha. He was one of the few derms in the US offering botox at that time and I learned a whole new side of skincare from my 3 years there.
MY FAVORITE SKINCARE PRODUCTS (click on words in bold to be directed to product page)
- My favorite basic cleanser is PURITY. I have used this for many years. Jeff and Avery & Poppy also use this. This cleanser provides a great cleanse, plus removes eye makeup.
- SK-II ESSENCE I’ve used this for several months and still have about 1/3 of the bottle left. This product is filled with vitamins & minerals to prevent your skin from looking dull. Great for all skin types. Use daily.
- This EXFOLIATOR FIRM (sold out. Also found HERE ) is a product my friends mom swears by, and she looks amazing. I’ve used it for a year and I love it! Your skin feels baby soft after. Use 1-2 days per week.
- I’ve talked about KOPARI before, I love the way their coconut melt feels on my skin. I don’t use it on my face, just my body. My skin drinks it up during the winter.
- CLEARSKIN (sold out. Also found HERE ) is the best moisturizer for your teens and yourself when you breakout. I swear this has saved Avery so far from the dreaded teen acne. I use it a couple days before I start my period to prevent breakouts. It’s good. Use daily if prone to breakouts.
- If I don’t wear SUNLESS TANNER I am basically transparent. I avoid the sun and lather up on sunscreen every day so applying a fake tan is my only chance at some color to my skin. I’ve gone through so many brands but have been stuck on this MOUSSE for about 2 years.
- I have a special love for the NuFACE device. I was actually the face of their holiday packaging last year. Want to hear a funny story about this? You don’t, I’ll tell you anyway:) I had the kids with me in Nordstrom and there was a huge display with my face on it. The kids were so excited and started telling the workers ” that’s my mom”. No joke the lady looked me up and down ( I was in sweats with a topknot) and said ” is that really you? I mean maybe I can see it” If you don’t already have this device and feel like your skin is starting to sag or you’d like to tone up your jaw line, this is for you! Use daily for best results.
- I love a lot of GLAMGLOW products, but my favorite is the orange BRIGHTENING mask. It exfoliates and brightens your skin in 15 minutes. Love it! I use this once a week and usually the same day I am going to apply my self tanner.
- My hair girl/friend Brittany is also a makeup artist. She got me hooked on CAUDALIE spray. Instant hydration. My favorite way to use it is keeping it in my bag and spraying over my skin as a makeup refresher.
- Always looking for a MOISTURIZING MASK, recently found this one and loved it! Feels so good on your skin. Use as needed.
- I did some media coverage for CHARLOTTE TILBURY a few months ago and fell in love with the line! Like I want all of it. I bought the hero piece that made her line famous, MAGIC CREAM. This facial moisturizer has won many awards and for good reason. The other product is a CLAY MASK. This mask makes your skin feel like cashmere as well as tightens pores and brightens skin. Use mask 1-2 times per week and cream daily in the morning.
- You know I think the PMD is a great at home microdermabrasion option. Use once a week.
- PEEL PADS from Dr. Dennis Gross. This two step at home process is a great way to give yourself a mini peel at home with alpha and beta hydroxy acids. You can use these 2-3 nights per week. Great for hyper-pigmentation.
- The H.A INTENSIFIER is perfect for dehydrated aging skin. It’s a must have for every woman. I apply before my moisturizer at night. I LOVE this. Use nightly.
- When I need to some added moisture to my skin I apply this HYDRATING BOOSTER morning or night under my moisturizer.
- You’ve seen me post about these EYE PATCHES multiple times. I love them! Tip:keep in the fridge and use in the morning.
- I’ve talked about Dr. Zoe many times. I wrote about my MICRONEEDLING experience with her. She has her own product line, it’s great! My top two favorites from Dr. Zoe: C-GLOW( vitamin C serum, apply daily in the am before your moisturizer) and Perfect Change. This is the RETINOL I use 2-3 times per week. It’s my absolute favorite. It’s different than a regular retinol because it’s a retinol/TCA blend. TCA is found in medical grade chemical peels and rarely found in skincare. It’s the best skincare product for anti-aging.
- I alternate between two different night creams. The first is OBAGI and the second is A.G.E. INTERRUPTER. Love them both equally. Use nightly.
- Worried about fine lines around your eyes? I love this OBAGI eye cream. Use nightly.
- Top off your nightly routine with this LIP MASK.
- I can’t emphasize enough how important wearing sunscreen is. So, I wear an SPF everyday. My CC CREAM(foundation has one). On days I’m just running to the gym or the beach, I wear this SPF solo.
- While pregnant you must AVOID retinols and acids(glycolic, salicylic, lactic, etc). I liked KORRES and TATA HARPER while pregnant. Also NO botox.
- Check out this PTR KIT my friend Arielle picked up?! Such an incredible way to try lots of my favorite products.