This post is sponsored by Backcountry & ShopStyle
Living in California, we don’t really experience seasons. I mean it’s mid October and 80 degrees #Iloveit. Even though it’s still swimsuit weather outside, we love to get in the holiday spirt and dress the part! As you know, we’ve been finding a lot of great pieces from BACKCOUNTRY. You can see more HERE & HERE. I have loved seeing so many of you share what you’ve ordered using our discount code: SALTY15! From YETI’S to PATAGONIA to SNOW GEAR, thanks for sharing with me what you’re buying.
Fall Activities for Families
- We always pick heirloom pumpkins together as a family for a display at home. Then get hot chocolate before we head home to decorate.
- Pumpkin Patch. I love that Avery and Poppy still enjoy going with us. They love to see Goldie and Ozzy have fun!
- Apple Picking in Julian. This is about an hour away from us. The leaves change and the orchards are beautiful. You have to get there by the first week of October to pick. Julian is also known for their pies!
- The nights cool down significantly. Taking the kids for a family run or to the high school track is a favorite of mine.
- Make my famous Nutella Hot Cocoa. SEE BOTTOM OF POST FOR RECIPE
- Goldie loves going with me to Trader Joe’s when all things pumpkin hit the shelves. We also buy the gingerbread turkey kits to decorate as a family.
- Fall sports are a big deal when you have kids. I love everything about it! Poppy and Goldie have lacrosse tournaments next Saturday from 8am-9pm. It’s going to be a long day and you better believe I’ll be encouraging aka forcing the rest of the family to come support!
- Both Goldie and Jeff have birthday’s in October, a day apart. Another excuse to throw a fall party!
What We’re Wearing This Fall From Backcountry
- Did you know Backcountry has its own label? Jeff just got this FLANNEL and HENLEY. He was planning on wearing it for this shoot, but he ended up in Arizona for 24 hours to do a door install. I’ll share a pick of him in it soon. The quality is great!
- I had my eye on this STRIPED RAILS SWEATER and decided to go for it using our code SALTY15. So glad I did! I’ve worn it 5 times in the last two weeks. Another top I find myself wearing is Avery’s SWEATER. It hangs so well and is insanely soft! Also loving this ALO SWEATER, BACKCOUNTRY HENLEY TOP & NEW BALANCE SNEAKERS.
- Avery wears a lot of JEANS! I love the fit of this STRIPED THERMAL TOP. So good for layering or worn alone and with her BIRKENSTOCKS.
- Poppy and Avery flipped a coin to see who could wear this CROPPED MOCK NECK first, Poppy won! It’s super lightweight and great with high waisted JEANS.
- Goldie wants every PATAGONIA JACKET and PULLOVER! She says they feel like a blanket and help her fall asleep easier at school…uhh?
- We love L’OVED BABY. Ozzy has worn it since she was born. Their sets are so cozy and wash and wear really well. Look at this PATAGONIA SWEATER and JACKET! So good!
- Kids are majorly into Fjallraven BACKPACKS this year. They all have one and love them!
NUTELLA HOT CHOCOLATE
1 half gallon jug of skim milk
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon of VANILLA BEAN PASTE, it’s UNREAL)
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 and 1/4 cups of Nutella
spray CROCKPOT, with non-stick cooking spray
add all the ingredients from above and whisk until blended
Cover and simmer on low for 1.5-2 hours. I would recommend to mix it one more time after about an hour
Top with anything you like: whip cream, more Nutella, crushed peppermints, marshmallows.