Has anyone else noticed the immense amount of patterned pants this spring/summer? Everywhere I look I see patterns from stripes, fruit, geometric and floral. Not sure how to style patterned pants? It’s pretty simple actually. The hardest part is deciding which pair you want, then keep it super simple with a plain tee or solid sweater. I try to only wear one bold pattern at a time and keep everything else simple. Here are a few patterned pants I’m into right now!
- These MIDNIGHT BAKERY TIE DYE JOGGERS have the cutest colors and are great pants to dress up for a day out or dress down for a night in.
- The flowy style of these ALOHA PRINTED PANTS from Free People is adorable! Love the wide leg style and fun, pattern options for spring and summer.
- These O’NEILL JOHNNY FLORAL PANTS are perfect for the summer and great pants to wear over your swimsuit. Super cute pattern!
- Love the 4 pattern options these MENOCRA CROPPED PANTS come in. So cute to pair with a t-shirt and sneakers for summer.
- I love the style of these EBERJEY HUDSON PANTS! The subtle pattern is super cute and I love the tie around the wait. Cute to pair with sneakers, booties or sandals.
- I love the waist on these MAKE A STAND TROUSERS from Free People! The plaid pattern options are so cute.
- These PATTERNED PANTS from H&M come in 3 pattern options. Easy to dress up or down and style with solid, colored tops, blouses or tees.
- I’m obsessed with the flare on these CAN’T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF YOU PANTS. The high waist is super cute and I love all the different patterns.
- Love the two pattern options these H&M SLACKS come in. Love the “dressier” pant style and versatile ways you can style them!
- These NAOMI KNIT FLARE PANTS from Urban Outfitters come in 7 great pattern options and are so flattering!
How To Style Patterned Pants
Styling patterned pants is such a fun task! I love keeping a variety of fun patterned & colored pants in my wardrobe, especially for the spring & summer seasons. Having a variety of patterned pants in your closet offers endless outfit idea options with tanks, t-shirts, sweaters, blouses & more. Nothing beats styling a fun pair of patterned bottoms with a plain top or classic t-shirt. Whether it’s fitted or loose, you can play with the top. Tuck it in to the waistband of your pants or wear it like an oversized t-shirt! The best, easy, street-style outfit that’s easy to mix & match.
It’s so fun to mix patterns, but can seem pretty daunting at first. I love to pair a bold pattern with a more subtle one- both pieces that incorporate a similar color scheme! You can also pair a fun animal print, like a leopard print, with a floral or bold colored top. Wearing printed pants is a fun way to incorporate some color/fun into your personal style as well as open the door for more styling opportunities. Patterned trousers, wide leg pants, skirts, leggings or joggers are all amazing bottoms to add to your closet.
Investing in comfortable, fun pairs of patterned pants open up your eye to outfits and styles you may not have thought of before. In the spring & summer, I get such joy from creating looks based around colors, patterns , polka dots, floral, stripes & more! Not only are patterned pants such a fun way to style your looks, they provide confidence and joy! When you look good, you feel good. That’s why I keep a great variety of printed pants in my closet year-round for endless potential in my everyday looks- no matter the season!
SHOP THE LOOK + MORE PATTERNED PANTS