Remember last week when I shared my post on How to Wear Flare Jeans? I let you know that even if you’re under 5’6″( like me), you can totally pull off a flare. Well, I’m here to tell you the same is true when it comes to how to wear cropped jeans! That’s right, you don’t have to have long legs and or be tall to pull of this current trend in denim. I found the biggest selection of great options at Nordstrom, along with shoes to wear and tops to put together a look you’ll love.
DIFFERENT TYPES of CROPPED DENIM
In my opinion the easiest to pull off are a skinny crop. After that, keep your mind open to trying cropped flares, a high waisted crop, frayed hem, straight leg, demi-crop, raw edge and a wide leg crop as I am wearing in today’s blog post!
How To Wear Cropped Jeans
When in doubt, wear black. It’s the most flattering on everyone.
Tuck your shirt in or wear a crop top. When I say crop top, I don’t mean show your stomach crop (unless you’re into that, then by all means, go for it. Unless you are my children, then don’t even think about it:)). I mean cropped to the top of your denim. Seeing the full length of your jeans will elongate your body. Now you know why my shirt is tucked in 99% of the time!
Often times, a cropped pair of jeans is my perfect ankle length. Don’t be afraid to wear them at the ankle or about 3 inches above.
Keep it simple! Basics are always best when trying a new style (in my opinion). Simple tee, easy flat shoe, etc. Basics are girls best friend!
Shoes to wear with your cropped jeans? Anything goes! Just be mindful of where the denim hits you on the leg and the style. But truly, if you feel confident in what you wear…you can pull off anything!
- The PLATFORM VANS in today’s post. True to size.
- You’ve seen me wear my GENIE FLATS, still obsessed with mine!
- A GOLD ANKLE BOOT
- Black POINTED TOE BOOTIE with a pair of BLACK CROPPED JEANS? Perfect!
- These NUDE ANKLE BOOTIE with these MADEWELL CROPPED FLARES, so good!
- A statement shoe like these LEOPARD HIGH HEELS
- You know I love a PLATFORM
Shop My Cropped Jeans Outfit
- A white tee can go a long way! Some of my favorites: BOYFRIEND BURNOUT TEE – the best $19 TEE, WHITE TIE TEE
- I’m wearing a pair of CROPPED WIDE LEG (under $100 and true to size). They also make the same pair, but with KNEE HOLES. I wore this pair of CROPPED DENIM yesterday. I’m obsessed with this BUTTON SIDE/FRONT pair, they are on my order list!
- I’m wearing my PLATFORM VANS. If you like the checker look, but don’t want a platform you can get the plain SLIP-ONS too!
- Like I said before, any shoe will work with cropped denim. I chose the checker vans because I liked the contrast with my FENDI bag. The checks against the F’s.
- I think a fun addition to this simple look could be a great LEATHER JACKET (it’s 50% off) or a CROPPED DENIM JACKET. Also if you don’t have this CROPPED SUEDE JACKET, get it for fall!
- My recent pair of SUNGLASSES. I’ve worn them pretty much every day since I bought them a week ago. They have a retro vibe and also look vintage with the colored inlay.
Cropped Denim Outfit Ideas
Thanks for sponsoring this post Nordstrom & RewardStyle
MAKE-UP BAG ITEMS – SUNGLASSES I WEAR – ANTI AGING ROUTINE – FAVORITE HAIR PRODUCTS – HOW I CREATE MESSY BEACH WAVES