You know I love sneakers and often pair them with dresses. One of my favorite dress with a sneaker looks I wear is HERE. I mean, I really like to be comfortable! This is a trend that’s been widely accepted for a few years now. It’s also a question I am often asked by readers “how to wear sneakers with dresses”.
Nowadays, I think almost anything is goes in fashion. I have seen a few weird dress/sneaker combos, but for the most part, if you own it..it works! Sneakers are functional and they also make a statement. I personally think if you’re in your teens and 20’s you can pull off the bulky trainer sneaker with a dress, even a formal dress. When you’re in your 30’s (like me) or older it might be best to stick with a more minimal sneaker like Vans, Converse, Superga, Keds and my favorite, Golden Goose.
Check out my top picks in sneakers I’d wear with dresses and some of my current favorite dresses below.
How To Wear Sneakers With A Dress
- Like I said I love Golden Goose and alternate between a few pair in my closet.
- I love these retro NIKE CLASSICS
- NIKE MID BLAZER. I bought my first pair of these 6 years ago, still wear them.
- Classic CHUCK TAYLOR’S
- You know how much I love my CHECKER VANS
- Everyone needs a pair of OLD SKOOL VANS
- I just bought these GREEN/WHITE GOLA’S. They run big.
- CHUCK TAYLOR platforms. They run big as well.
- COMME des GARCONS
- Fun retro ADIDAS
- The REEBOK’S you’ve been seeing Poppy wearing a lot lately!
- Avery scored these YSL’s at a discount store for $100 last year. They are SO well made!
- I am obsessed with these NEW ADIDAS! Look at those fun colors
- Such a cute WHITE SNEAKER for only $40!
DRESSES TO WEAR WITH SNEAKERS
- I love the PRINTED DRESS I wore in THIS POST! The leopard pattern is delicate and the sleeves are so pretty. I wore it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Wearing a XS.
- You’ve seen me wear this MAXI in my January Beauty Buys post, still loving it! I have a XS.
- Just picked up this BERRY TUNIC! Looks so cute with jeans and as a beach dress.
- You know I love SPELL DRESSES, this is my latest! Comes in two colors, equally as gorgeous.
- I was surprised to see they brought back this MINI DRESS! I’ve owned for 5 years and still love it! I have a small to add some length.
- Everyone needs this $60 MIDI DRESS! It is so easy to wear, comes in 5 colors and looks good with sandals or sneakers.
- How perfect is this RED/WHITE STRIPE MINI for Memorial Day/4th of JULY?!
- I just got this LACE BOTTOM dress for the beach this summer. In love!
- Headed on a warm vacation?! Take this WHITE MAXI!!
- A TEE SHIRT DRESS everyone will love! These are also great if you are pregnant. Oversized and so comfortable.
- Wearing this TIE STRAP DRESS in todays’ post. Wearing a XS. It’s so cute alone, over a tee or with a denim jacket.
DRESS – JACKET – GOLDEN GOOSE (my color is sold out)
2 thoughts on “How To Wear Sneakers With Dresses”
I absolutely love your big blue ring! Where is it from?! Thank you! Love your blog and style! xx