Sponsored by BACKCOUNTRY & ShopStyle
The past few months I’ve made it a mission to find more moments to be still. I have a few friends who practice meditation daily and have been helping me learn the ins and outs of the practice! I’ve loved everything about it so far and really believe taking 5-15 minutes each day to meditate is extremely beneficial for my mental health.
Meditation can seem intimidating. I want to share with you 5 ways that help me meditate daily!
Meditation With Backcountry
use code SALTY15 for 15% off your first purchase (exclusions apply)
- Find somewhere you’re comfortable at! You don’t always have to be sitting on the floor. I love meditating on a couch or chair! Find a comfortable position that works for you. I like sitting with my legs crossed, palms in my lap and my eyes closed.
- Opt out from scrolling on Instagram to meditate instead! I used to think I never had time to take a break and meditate. But opting out of scrolling on social media to center myself has made a huge difference!
- Focus on your breath. If you don’t want to recite mantras to yourself, just focus on your breathing and be rhythmic with it!
- Don’t worry about perfection! It doesn’t take perfect form to get the benefits of meditation!
- Guided meditations! There are so many apps, videos and podcasts with guided meditations that I love following along with! If you feel intimidated by meditation, this is a great place to start!
I also believe it is so important to meditate in comfortable clothes. I always make sure I have on comfortable leggings for sitting with my legs crossed and something comfy underneath me.
When I first started meditating, I went to BACKCOUNTRY to find the best gear for my meditation.
- I LOVE this set from LNDR! The cutest LEGGINGS and MATCHING SPORTS BRA. I love the colors and how comfortable the material is! I’m wearing a XS/S in both.
- My ARIZONA BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS have been my favorite sandals for years! So comfy and the best quality. If I’m going to meditate at the beach, these are what I wear!
- Love this comfy PENDLETON TOWEL for meditating on.
- Hydrate before you meditate! Hydrating helps your brain expand and your mind to be open! Love this YETI TUMBLER. Best color!
- Love the pattern and colors of this NOMADIX TOWEL!
- How cute is this GETAWAY HOODIE from Alo Yoga!? I’m wearing dark green in a small.
- Love the material of these ALO YOGA AIRBRUSH LEGGINGS! These are perfect for meditation.
- SWEATS are another comfortable option for meditating! Love these ones from BASIN AND RANGE.
- This HUGGER MUGGER is a super cute cushion to sit on while meditating! Love the pattern.
- I think I need this ALO YOGA LONG SLEEVE TOP. The twist detail on the front is my favorite part.
- Love the simplicity of this BEYOND YOGA RACERBACK TOP. It can be worn as a sports bra or a top on its’ own!
- Love this NAVY YOGA MAT from JADE YOGA! Yoga mats make great meditation mats.