As you know, I love fashion. As you also know, I have four daughters. Now just because I work in fashion, does not mean my kids let me pick out their clothes. Avery and Poppy, as most tween/teen girls have very strong opinions on what they will and will not wear. For years we had several debates inside stores(still do occasionally) when they want something I absolutely will not buy #croptops. I don’t know if our styles are beginning to merge or if we both just have a better understanding of what I’ll allow. Or also me knowing what they like. I hear from moms they want to see more Teen Style on here, Avery and Poppy are happy to help with that!
I personally believe in spending a little more on clothes for my girls. Why? A few reasons:
1. I have four daughters and clothes can be passed down. Goldie wears jeans that I originally bought Avery when she was 7, same with dresses, jackets and swimsuits.
2. My mom always taught my sisters and I that you get what you pay for. I guess I’ve adopted the same mentality with my kids. I’m willing to spend more money on key pieces like denim, sneakers, dresses and hit shops like Forever21 and Zara for trendy items I know they won’t wear more than 5-10 times.
3. Less is more. I believe this. For Avery’s birthday she wanted to go shopping with me as her present. I gave her a set amount of money she could spend. I totally thought she’d want to get as much as she possibly could with her money. She didn’t. She wanted to get a certain pair of Levi’s, one sweater from Tophsop, one from Forever21 and a Becca highlighter. Her birthday was in September and she’s worn those Levi’s at least 50 times and they still look good as new.
4. Kids grow so quickly! But, teens do not. Girls typically stop growing after age 15 and boys around 17. Obviously this can be different for everyone. This is just the national average. Once you have teens you know they’ll fit in their clothes longer which I love!
LINKS TO ITEMS ARE IN BOLD
AVERY & POPPY’S PICKS
- Poppy loves this SHORT SLEEVE SWEATER. Wearing a XS
- This STRIPE TOP Avery has on is beyond soft. She’s in a XS
- They love these RINGER TEES
- We all like these $20 TEES
- Avery wants these NEUTRAL CHECKER VANS
- Loving this new PASTEL BACKPACK
- I bought this VANS TEE for myself and they keep asking to wear it.
- Poppy’s favorite pair of LEVI’S
- I love the BLACK JEANS Avery is wearing
- They both wear their OVERSIZED DENIM JACKETS, a lot
- Cute STRIPE TOP
- Fun DRESS