One of my favorite parts about the fall and winter is busting out my favorite soup and chili recipes- especially this one I’ve adapted from Carey Bender. It’s simple, pretty clean and so good. I get all of my ingredients from Trader Joe’s and love their fresh produce, amazing spice and organic product options. It’s super yummy to make a pan of cornbread to pair with this chili!
My whole family loves this chili. It freezes great and makes an awesome meal for friends or family! I love how easy and quick it is to make, and that I can buy everything I need in one shopping trip to Trader Joe’s.
Trader Joe’s Chili Recipe
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Pre-Diced Onions or large white onion diced
- 2 small green peppers (or 1 medium) chopped
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef or ground turkey. If you are vegetarian leave out the meat and add 2 more cans of beans
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Trader Joe’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Trader Joe’s onion powder
- 3 tbsp Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch (get this! also a great marinade for grilling chicken and veggies)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Trader Joe’s organic pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 oz.) Trader Joe’s can organic black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) Trader Joe’s can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Trader Joe’s tomato paste
- 2 cups water – add more depending on the consistency you prefer
- 3 tsp. Trader Joe’s chili powder
- Heat a little olive in a large pot and cook your ground beef, onion, minced garlic & green pepper first.
- Once cooked, add in all your other ingredients, including spices!
- Simmer on low for an hour minimum and top with cheese, green onion, avocado, sour cream etc (whatever YOU like) We love to eat our chili with the Trader Joe’s Corn Chip Dippers!