A style of denim I will always love is ripped jeans! Ripped jeans tend to go in and out of style, but they will always have a big place in my heart….and wardrobe.
There are SO many ways to style ripped jeans. They may seem intimidating to style, but I hope these tips will give you ideas on how to create an awesome look with your ripped jeans.
What to Wear with Ripped Jeans
There are actually quite a few different ripped jean styles you could go for and finding the right one for your style preference & outfit choice is super important.
Ripped Jeans With A Graphic Tee:
One of my FAVORITE ripped jean styles is with a fun graphic tee. You can get amazing graphic tees at places like Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom, Free People & Levi’s have some great ones! I like my tees a little oversized, maybe a size up from what I would normally buy. This way, I can french-tuck the front into my distressed jeans a little bit & top the look with some sneakers. Throw on a leather jacket when going out or even go for that ‘denim on denim’ look with a denim jacket!
- Love the dark colors on this ANINE BING TIGER TEE. Contrast it with a cute pair of light wash ripped jeans.
- This SURFS UP BOYFRIEND TEE comes in the best oversized fit! Love the vintage, distressed style.
- This GANNI GRAPHIC TEE has the cutest floral/planet print on it!
- The floral print on this FLOWER BOX TEE is so adorable! Perfect to pair with light or dark wash jeans.
- Love the colors and graphic on this VAN HALEN OVERSIZED TEE. So many cute styling options with your favorite denim!
- Obsessed with the print on this ANINE BING DESERT TEE. The fit is so cute and incorporates cute colors.
- I need this FLEETWOOD MAC OVERSIZED TEE! Love the dark, moody style.
- Love the mix of blue, red & leopard print on this STONES TONGUE TEE. Perfect for tucking into jeans.
- Love the crop on this GREAT BLUE JAYS TEE! So cute with high-waisted ripped jeans.
- This SANTA CRUZ TEE is so perfect for summer and has the best graphic! Love how it would look with light wash jeans.
Ripped Jeans With A Blazer:
This is such a good look for a casual yet dressier style. The ripped jeans bring the casual feel to the look while the blazer brings a little bit of professionalism! Such an awesome outfit for nights out with friends, lunch dates or parties! I like to wear a blazer that contrasts with the wash of ripped denim that I am wearing. A pair of heels or even wedges would finish this look off perfectly!
- Love all the gold buttons on this LIONESS PALERMO BLAZER! So cute worn buttoned up or open with your favorite jeans.
- Super cute open style on this OPEN EDIT BLAZER from Nordstrom. Perfect neutral white color.
- I love the wrap tie on this NYDJ BELTED BLAZER! The casual linen style is perfect for pairing with ripped jeans.
- Obsessed with the olive green faux leather on this STEVE MADDEN BLAZER! Pairs so well with ripped jeans of any wash.
Ripped Jeans With a Kimono:
I will always love a good kimono/ripped jean look. This is one of my go-to’s for an any day outfit! It’s so versatile & interchangable, the options are endless. Wearing a ripped jean with a raw edged hem & some cute sandals with a kimono is one of my favorites. I usually wear a solid tee under the kimono and French-tuck it into my jeans.
- This SPELLBOUND KIMONO comes in a few different colors and has the perfect flowy style.
- Love the fun print options this SWEET EMOTION KIMONO comes in. Pair it with a solid tee and your favorite ripped jeans.
- This ZEN GARDEN KIMONO has a beautiful floral pattern on it! Love the idea of styling this with some dark wash ripped denim.
- How cute is the checkered material on this SUNSHINE WOVEN KIMONO?! Love the colors it comes in.
Ripped Jeans With Heels:
This is a really popular look right now! Ripped jeans & heels may seem like a total polar opposite style, but paired together the right way, you can come out with such a cute look! This is another great style similar to the ripped jeans and blazer look; casual yet dressy! Wearing ripped jeans that have a raw-edged hem or are rolled up a couple times suit the heels best! Dress this look up with a cute, flowy blouse or down with a graphic tee or loose sweater.
- These SAM EDELMAN YARO ANKLE SANDALS come in so many colors and pair so well with denim. Love the classic style.
- My LOEFFLER RANDALL HEELED SANDALS are my favorite. So gorgeous and contrast beautifully with ripped denim.
- Love the puffy straps on these DOLCE VITA SLIDE SANDALS.
- The woven material on these JEFFREY CAMPBELL MELANGE SLIDES is adorable. Perfect for a great, neutral look with ripped jeans.
- These STEVE MADDEN HONEY SLIDE SANDALS have the perfect, simple style and are so cute for styling with denim.
- I love the clear straps on these BILLINI PUMPS. Adorable for any season and style.
- These STEVE MADDEN TAHANI STRAP SANDALS have the cutest puffy straps.
Ripped Jeans With a Blouse:
Wearing a cute blouse with a solid pair of ripped jeans is one of my go-to’s for events, photoshoots, family pictures or date night. Some awesome blouses could include button-down tops, lace blouses or flowy patterned blouses. I love tucking in my blouse all the way into my jeans & pairing the look with a sun hat, sandals or even platforms/heels!
- Love the classic button up style of this PISTOLA BLOUSE. The sleeves are super cute.
- The floral print and style on this ARIANA PRINTED TOP is adorable. Love the crop.
- The eyelet lace details on this FARM RIO OFF WHITE LACE BLOUSE are gorgeous! Such a good top for pairing with ripped denim.
- This CHARLIE DENIM BUTTON DOWN comes in some great colors and is so cute for pairing with ripped denim.
- The ruffled sleeves on this A.L.C. LUCINDA TEE are stunning! So cute for tucking into high waisted ripped denim.
- Love the cinched sleeves on this SUMMER LOVE TOP from Free People.
- Love the natural style of this LONG SLEEVE LINEN BLOUSE. The linen is perfect for pairing with a dark or light denim.
- This MOONBATH TOP has the cutest, flowy style and would look so cute with a pair of ripped jeans and heeled sandals.
- Love the dainty floral print on this UNREAL LOVE TOP. The ruffle details are just a bonus!
Ripped Jeans & Platforms
Platforms are very ‘in’ right now, and they look so good with ripped jeans. Wearing a pair with a raw edge or rolled up brings the attention to the platforms. This is another great go-to of mine that I love to wear running errands, going to meetings or just about anything. You can wear a blouse or graphic tee with this ripped jean/platform look & accessorize to make the look feel the way you want!
- Love the woven material on these RAYE AKITA HEELS! So cute for the spring & summer.
- These SAM EDELMAN LIVI PLATFORM SLIDES are so great for summer! Perfect for styling with ripped jeans.
- Love the faux leather and cork on these ETIENNE AIGNER PLATFORM SANDALS. Easy to style and cute with denim.
- The oversized chain detail on these MARC FISHER VENEDA PLATFORMS is adorable! Perfect for wide leg, distressed jeans.
- The heel on these CHOCOLAT BLU SLINGBACK SANDALS is the perfect, casual height!
High Waisted Ripped Jeans are my absolute favorites. I almost don’t wear anything BUT High Waisted jeans. They go so well when tucking in blouses, tees or tops. They also look great when wearing heels or platforms in your outfit. Levi’s always sells the best high-waisted jeans, but Urban Outfitters and Nordstroms sell great brands & styles too!
- The distressed hem and wide leg on these DL1961 HEPBURN JEANS is perfect! Great for pairing with booties, sneakers or heeled sandals.
- These LEVI’S WEDGIE STRAIGHT JEANS come in some great wash options and have the perfect amount of distress rips.
- So many good distress details on these PROSPERITY DENIM HIGH WAIST JEANS.
- These ELLIE WIDE LEG JEANS have such a fun, wide leg and come in 2 great washes!
- Love the straight leg and light wash on these FRAME LE GARCON JEANS. The ripped details are so cute.
- The crop on these LEVI’S WEDGIE HIGH WAIST JEANS is adorable. Great rips in the knees and so many cute styling options.
- These LASSO JEANS have a cute wide leg and come in 3 wash options! Love the rips on the knees.
- I love the one ripped knee on these AGOLDE 90’S CROP JEANS! The light wash is so cute.
- These AGOLDE RILEY JEANS have a high waist and straight leg. So perfect for heels or platforms.
- Love the dad style on these TOPSHOP RIPPED JEANS. The wash and distress details are super cute.
- Super cute straight leg and high waist style on these ROLLA’S ORIGINAL JEANS from Free People! Love how the model has them styled with sneakers.
Like I mentioned earlier, ripped jeans with always be one of my favorite wardrobe pieces to style. I love finding different fits, styles and cuts to create endless options of outfits. All of my kids love their ripped jeans as well. They are perfect for all ages, body types & styles!
Ripped Jeans Outfit Ideas