Let me tell you something funny…I can’t braid. I mean I can do a simple three strand braid, but for the life of me have not figured out how to french braid, fishtail, crown, etc. Kinda funny the mom of FOUR daughters doesn’t braid or do cartwheels (I’ll save that for another post). Thankfully all my girls were taught to braid via YouTube and can do their own hair or each others. I was super excited when Brittany showed me a great alternative to braids..the messy knot!
WHAT YOU NEED TO CREATE THE MESSY KNOT
My hair started out with MESSY WAVES via my previous hair tutorial. To create the messy knot without ELASTIC HAIR TIES or BOBBY PINS your hair needs to be a couple days dirty or have some great TEXURE SPRAY added. I can’t believe how easy this was to create! I think it’s perfect for a formal party, a wedding, Costco..pretty much anywhere! Also, I love the idea of doing just the one knot as shown in today photos or three knots.
- I seriously love this TOP by SEA so much! Wearing a size 2 for reference. I did think it ran small and could have done a size 4 as well.
- I am obsessed with this EYELET TOP and it’s $17…!!! (if you are unfamiliar with their site, think Forever 21 quality and sizing)
- LONG SLEEVE version of the above, I think I need both.
- This MOCK NECK BLOUSE is super pretty
- I wear these 90’s FIT at least once a week. Size down
- I just ordered these JEANS last night. Excited to try them!
- Ready to try these 501’s!
- One of my favorite styes of CofH JEANS
- The perfect ONE KNEE RIP
- Loving this PLATFORM
- I have these in blue, loving the BROWN SUEDE as well
- I want these SANDALS. Simple and affordable
- Major sale, these SANDALS are super pretty!
- I have my eye on these LEATHER SANDALS. So good!