While in Arizona last week I did a major beauty buy at Sephora! I picked up a few items I was out of of and wanted to buy again, then grabbed several products I’ve been wanting to try! I absolutely love trying new products! If you are new here, I’ve been a licensed esthetician for over 18 years.. so, needless to say, I care a lot about the health of my skin and try all sorts of products to slow down the aging process. You can read more of my ANTI AGING ROUTINE HERE, it was the #2 most viewed post of 2018!
January Beauty Buys 2019
- I have been wanting to try the Giorgio Armani FOUNDATION for a few months. Over 2k reviews and 4.5 star rating. You guys, it did not disappoint! It’s expensive, so I will use this on days I have a photoshoot or have someone to go other than the after school sports and Trader Joe’s:) I wear the color #4. I use it with this FOUNDATION BRUSH.
- While in the Giorgio Armani aisle, I bought 3 more products: HIGHLIGHTER( color nude), BLUSH (color pink) and CONTOUR (color cool). I ‘m not 100% sold on the contour, but love the highlight and blush!
- Last year I used SK-II ESSENCE. I loved it, but not the price. My friends over at Somewhere Lately posted about this essence by FRESH. I bought it and I love it!
- This is my 3rd time buying this BECCA PRIMER. I love it so so much!
- Another Becca product I’m buying again after I finished the first jar, is this UNDER EYE BRIGHTENER! I talked about it in my MAKE UP BAG post. Apply UNDER your CONCEALER, it’s amazing! Also, I wear the color light in both the brightener and the concealer.
- I covered media for a Charlottle Tilbury event last year. Honestly, I love pretty much all of her products, but am most fascinated by two: DRY SHEET MASKS and her MAGIC CREAM! I just got my 3rd bottle of magic cream, it’s a really great moisturizer. The DRY SHEET MASKS do not fall off your face..like at all!! My skin looks incredibly smooth and hydrated after I used them. Plus, because they are dry you can get 3 uses out of each mask!
- I got a new DUAL SIDED brush, so far so good.
- You know how I feel about Kopari products, I’ve did at least 6 posts with them in 2018. Well they just launched natural COCONUT TOOTHPASTE and I am obsessed!! I didn’t pick this up at Sephora, but can link it for you. They sent me a package a month ago before launch to test it out and I love it so so much.
- I’m always looking for added hydration in the dry winter months. The reviews have been great for this FIRST AID BEAUTY SERUM. I’ve used it the past 3 days under my primer and really like it.
- I left my #1 CC CREAM at home and picked up a fresh tube. This is my go-to daily product. Lots of SPF and I apply with my fingers like I would a moisturizer. A pea size amount covers my entire face and neck. I wear the color light.
- Also, I restocked the best FACIAL MIST. I use this throughout the day to refresh my makeup. It feels amazing and really does make your makeup look like you just applied.
- I have tried so many under setting powders and had yet to find one that didn’t dry out or make my fine lines look worse. Then my friend Courtney shared one from HOURGLASS, it looked great on her, so I bought it. Love it! I just bought the mini to test, you hardly need any so that size should last me about 4-6 months.
- It’s very rare I buy multiple jars of masks. I’ve been buying this BRIGHTENING MASK for about 3 years now. I use it before I SELF TAN because it exfoliates so well and my skin instantly looks brighter.
- This is my second time buying BODY BLUR. It’s perfect for the days I want to wear a dress but forgot to add some tanner. Try it!
DRESS – BRACELET SET – PLATFORMS – SUNGLASSES – FENDI (similar)
8 thoughts on “January Beauty Buys 2019”
Happy New Year Lisa! I love your blog and I am so happy I found you on Instagram this year! Your style and beauty tips are so helpful! My favorite product I discovered in 2018 is the Becca under eye brightener. It is a serious game changer for a tired new mom! Speaking of moms, I think you are total #momgoals! Your daughters are so beautiful but more importantly they carry themselves with such grace! Sending you so many blessings this year xo
I’ve been testing out the body blur but I can’t seem to find the right shade for me. I have a similar hair color/complexion as you so I was wondering if you would share the shade that you use? Love all of these products! Thank you as always for all of your suggestions!
I have also tried the Luminous Silk foundation, and it is lovely and silky- however, it is super light coverage and I didn’t find it to be very buildable so unless you have good skin, I wouldn’t recommend it. Armani makes another foundation called Power Fabric, which is similar to the Luminous Silk but more coverage.
Love the Becca primer too! I bought the CC & wanted to love it but for some reason it’s just too thick for me!