I’m excited to share the fun, cute and easy Easter treat for kids! If you know me, you know I love popcorn. It’s one of my favorite snacks! See my video on how to make my famous POPCORN, HERE!
This recipe puts a fun twist on popcorn and adds a little Easter goodness! It’s the perfect treat, handout, snack and Easter basket stuffer! With only 5 simple ingredients, it’s easy to make with kids and takes only about 10 minutes to throw together! Such a fun and delicious recipe to make!
I got all my ingredients at Target in the Easter holiday section, but linked everything you need below via Amazon if you want to Prime everything from home. I also used the pastel M&M’s, but you can get creative and use almost any of the Easter chocolate candies.
Easy Easter Treat for Kids
1 ½ Cup Popcorn Kernels (or 2 bags of microwave popcorn)
1 bag of Easter M&M’s
16 oz. Vanilla Candy Coating
- Pop your popcorn! If using an AIR POPPER, I popped 1 ½ cups of kernels into a large bowl. You can also pop 2 bags of microwave popcorn to make it easy.
- Divide the popcorn in half and separate into two large mixing bowls.
- Divide your Vanilla Candy Coating into 4 4oz pieces.
- Place each of the 4 oz pieces into their own microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes, mixing every 30 seconds.
- Color each bowl a different pastel color using your food dyes! I did yellow, pink, blue and green.
- Drizzle two of the colors in one of the bowls of popcorn, and the other two in the other popcorn bowl. Mix with your hands.
- Once all the coating is mixed in the two bowls of popcorn, combine the two bowls into one large bowl.
- Add sprinkles (as much as desired) and the whole bag of Easter Peanut M&M’s. Mix together and serve!
So easy and so yummy! The colors are amazing and would make perfect as a snack or treat on Easter Sunday. I love a good mix of anything sweet & salty, and this popcorn does the trick!