Aloha! A couple years back, we went on a family vacation to Hawaii! We opted out of a traditional Christmas this year and instead planned a family trip to the North Shore for the Pipe Masters! The kids were super excited. Jeff was beyond stoked to see some of his favorite pro surfers like John John Florence, Julian Wilson and of course, Kelly Slater. The first half of the trip we stayed in a Airbnb and the second half we stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort.
I’m always interested to see what others pack for vacation and wanted to create a Hawaii packing list for you. Now, trying to pack light for a family of 6 on a 10 day trip seems laughable. But we did pretty good! Each of the kids brought a small carry on (Walker Goods) and a backpack. Jeff and I shared a carry- on and MZ Wallace bag, Ozzy ended up with her own giant suitcase, haha. I totally forgot what packing for a baby was like.
What to Pack for Hawaii
- How cute is the floral print on this L SPACE BIKINI TOP & BOTTOM?! Such a cute pattern for Hawaii.
- Love the shoulder cut-out on this L SPACE ONE PIECE! It comes in some super cute color options.
- This BARLETTE BIKINI TOP AND BOTTOM has the cutest ruched fabric and floral print.
- Love the simple style of this GOOD AMERICAN ONE PIECE SWIMSUIT! 4 colors to pick from and super flattering.
- Love the stripes & colors on this BILLABONG FEELING SUNNY ONE PIECE! Adorable for a trip to Hawaii.
- I have this CROCHET MAXI DRESS and it’s my favorite. Under $20 and so flattering!
- Love this CLASSIC WHITE BUTTONUP SHIRT as a cover-up! Easy to style and timeless!
- This BEACHSIDE STROLLIN’ MIDI DRESS has the cutest waffle-knit material and comes in 2 colors.
- Love the style of this TEXAS SUN TUNIC! different colors to choose from and a great beach cover-up.
- These SOJOS ROUND SUNGLASSES are under $20 and so cute!
- Love the classic black & gold style on these QUAY AUSTRALIA SQUARE SUNGLASSES.
- Obsessed with the square frames and coloring on these RAYBAN SQUARE SUNGLASSES. So cute for the beach!
- These RAYBAN AVIATOR SUNGLASSES have the best, classic style and are perfect for Hawaii.
- I’ve had my pair of these RAYBAN ORIGINAL AVIATOR SUNGLASSES for years and love them. Such a good style and perfect beach sunglasses.
- This CROCHET SARONG is so adorable!
- These AGOLDE PARKER CUTOFF SHORTS are the perfect beach vacation shorts. Love the lightwash.
- I think this LEAH ONE PIECE is an adorable romper that is easy to style for the beach!
- This BEYOND OBSESSED ROMPER is adorable and a great lightweight outfit for the warm weather.
- How cozy do these WIDE LEG PANTS from Free People look? So great for plane rides and hanging out at the hotel.
- Love this ALOHA T-SHIRT! It comes in 3 colors.
- This 3-PIECE SWEATER SET is so great for travel or the beach! Love the colors it comes in.
- I think this VIENNA TOP would be so adorable paired with some denim shorts. Love the eyelet lace.
- These SOLANGE PANTS have the cutest flowy look and seem so comfortable for traveling!
- This TIERED MAXI DRESS is so adorable and great for dinner on the island. Easy to style and casual.
- This DAE SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER is an amazing hair care duo for a vacation. It smells amazing and locks in moisture.
- These WET BRUSHES are a must-have on a beach vacation. So good for helping detangle wet hair from the ocean or pool.
- I love to spray this IT’S A 10 LEAVE IN CONDITIONER in my hair after a day of the sun and swimming.
- Love this KERASTASE SERUM for locking in extra hydration and health to your hair in damaging conditions.
- This DRYBAR DRY SHAMPOO is my absolute favorite. Dry shampoo is a must-have on any vacation!
- If you’re ever wanting to add a little texture and wave to your hair, this BUMBLE & BUMBLE FOAM SPRAY is amazing.
- Obsessed with this ORIBE TEXTURIZING SPRAY. Perfect for giving your hair a little boost if it falls flat in the humidity.
- Love this CHARLOTTE TILBURY MAGIC CREAM MOISTURIZER for keeping my face hydrated in the sun.
- This TARTE SHAPE TAPE is my favorite concealer! I always take it on vacations with me.
- Love this CHARLOTTE TILBURY MASCARA. It’s been one of my favorites for years.
- This IT COSMETICS CC CREAM is a staple in my beauty routine. Love the added SPF for the beach and pool.
- You know how much I love my ST. TROPEZ TANNING MOUSSE. I always apply before any beach vacation!
- This CHARLOTTE TILBURY PRIMER lays an amazing foundation for any vacation makeup look.
- I always take this SUPERGOOP! SPRAY SUNSCREEN to the beach/pool with me.
- This KIEHL’S FACIAL CLEANSER is an amazing cleanser that is gentle and gets the job done.
- Love this BENEFIT COSMETICS HOOLA BRONZER! It’s been a favorite for years and gives the perfect vacation color.
For more travel posts, see our family trip to Yellowstone & Tree Bones Resort.
7 thoughts on “Packing List for Hawaii”
Have fun! I am going to order the duffle for Reese!
such a good comprehensive post. we moved to the beach this year, and i love all the items you posted. have fun!!!