I bought my first pair of Golden Goose sneakers almost 2 years ago while pregnant with Ozzy. It was one of those moments when clothes didn’t fit and I felt terrible..so, I justified it real easily that day and since then I have purchased a few more #oops. This coveted sneaker brand created in Italy over 15 years ago offers a West Coast meets European skater vibe with their worn-in aka dirty look. Today I’m sharing all my pros and cons to Golden Goose Deluxe sneakers!
Pros to Golden Goose Sneakers
- Limited quantities of each style. Why do I consider this a pro? The brand releases new styles each month and they go real quick! When I am paying this much for anything, I don’t want to the exact color/style on 10 of my friends. Each pair feels unique and special, almost limited edition.
- Already dirty. This baffles Jeff, like why am I paying for dirty looking shoes? As a kid, my mom would buy me bright white Keds and I would immediately go in the dirt to get them dirty or take a pen and draw on them. This made her so mad, clearly. I’ve never liked the look of bright white shoes, now I just pay a lot of money for this look. Haha. I mean your shoes are always going to get dirty eventually, Golden Goose just speeds up the process.
- Comfortable! I get this question a lot. Yes, they are super comfortable!
- No shoe is identical. This goes back to what I was saying on limited quantities. Each pair is handmade and hand distressed. One of a kind, pretty cool right?
- Cost per wear. The number question asked is “are they worth the money?”. I can’t answer that for you. Totally a personal choice. However, look at all the shoes in your closet. Do you wear them a lot? I went through mine and found several pair of sneakers I’ve spent $80-$150 on that I wore maybe 3 or 4 times. Yet, I wear my all of my GGDB sneakers ALL THE TIME! Like I said, cost per wear!
- They look just as cool with dresses and skirts as they do with jeans and loungewear.
Cons to Golden Goose Sneakers
- Sizing can be tricky when you have to order online. I wear a 7 shoe and wear a 37 in Golden Goose with the exception of my first pair of high tops, I bought a 38. Even though all of mine are super comfortable and they do all fit slightly different from each other. This goes back to being handmade and hand distressed. Make sure you order from a reputable site that excepts returns in case you need to switch out sizes .
- Price. Even though I truly believe in cost per wear, it’s still not easy to hit the PAY button on such expensive sneakers. I get it, these are not for everyone and I certainly don’t think they are a necessary purchase! If you love them and want a pair, go for it! You will love them! As with any item, don’t feel the pressure to conform to fashion trends and spend money on things you don’t REALLY REALLY love!
The BEST Stores to Order Golden Goose Sneakers
I know NORDSTROM is a favorite for most everyone, but I don’t think they are a great place to buy GGDB. They have a very small selection and sizes go fast. If you can find a pair you love, obviously order from NORDSTROM.
REVOLVE: I find so many great styles I love and shipping is quick!
SHOPBOP: just like Revolve, great options, but even faster FREE shipping when you use your Amazon Prime login.
FARFETCH: I find when a pair of GGDB goes on sale, I can usually find the best sizes on Farfetch.
MATCHESFASHION: Based in Europe, but only takes 2-3 days to get to my house.
INTERMIX: I always find the size I’m looking for here.
NET-A-PORTER: Best selection for all the classic color combos.
LUISAVIAROMA: They sell quick but the available sizes are listed before you click on each shoe. Makes it easy to shop.
How I Wear My Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Sneakers