A white top is essential to your wardrobe. I actually think several white tops are essential in your closet. Why? There are so many options, i.e tees, button ups, blouses, sweaters. They are as versatile as you get! The downfall of finding a great white top, it keeping it white year after year.Some of the white pieces in my closet have been there for over 15 years and still look great! Here are a few tips on how to keep white clothes white:
How to Keep White Clothes White
- Separate your loads! Even light colors can transfer onto your whites. Only wash whites with whites.
- Don’t overuse detergent. It’s common to assume the more detergent, the cleaner our clothes get. Wrong. The more detergent residue our clothes have, the more they attract dirt.
- Make sure your load is always well rinsed. I do a double rinse on my whites.
- Dry whites on low. A dryer that is too hot can singe your whites.
- Only use bleach on cotton and towels. It can damage delicate fabrics.
- Try mixing 1/2 cup of lemon juice to hot water. Then you can soak your clothes overnight. My mom also adds white vinegar.
- Use Borax. Borax boosts detergent quality. It’s all-natural and safe to use.
- You can use a product called White Brite. A little goes a long way, so read instructions. Can also be used on colors.
White Tops I’m Loving
There’s so much to love about a good white top, blouse, tank or tee, especially in the spring! I love how a white top is fitting for every season. But I especially love a white top in the springtime because of all the fun ways it can be styled!
- Love the subtle puff sleeves on this JUST A PUFF TOP from Free People! This would look so cute tucked into jeans or a printed skirt.
- Love the thick collar on this FREE PEOPLE FEARLESS TEE! This is another great oversized tee for all seasons.
- This RACERBACK BODYSUIT is such a great white tank for the spring and summer! Love the idea of this worn with denim shorts.
- The fit of this BOXY ROLL TEE is so perfect. Love how the model has it styled with jeans and a belt.
- I’m so in love with the sleeves on this OLIVE PUFF PLEATED SLEEVE TOP from Nordstrom! Such a beautiful piece.
- The embroidery on this WHITE ORGANZA TOP from H&M is so gorgeous! This is another beautiful spring top perfect for any occasion.
- Love the boxy fit & crop of this PIMA COTTON TEE from H&M. A great basic to keep in your closet!
- This CUPRO BLEND RELAXED FIT SHIRT from & Other Stories is the perfect white button-up. So easy to pair with jeans or a skirt and colored accessories.
- The scalloped sleeves on this A LINE PUFF SLEEVE TOP from Shopbop are so cute.
- How cute is the eyelet lace on this STEPHANIE BLOUSE. Love the quarter length sleeves and high collar.
- The sleeves and cut out on the back of this PREM OPEN BACK SHIRT are adorable details.
- This CLEARWATER HENLEY TOP from Urban Outfitters is a great comfy white top. Pairs perfect with so many different jeans, leggings or joggers.
- Love this FP ONE HAYDEN THERMAL TOP from Free People. In addition, the material is great and I love the lace up front.
- This NIRVANA TEE is a great white graphic tee that goes with everything! You can dress it up or down easily.
- SO many cute details on this SHIRRED PERFECTION TOP from Urban Outfitters. The sleeve ruffles are so cute and I love the ruched waist.