If you haven’t noticed, I wear a lot of black and white. When I find a white top I love, I immediately buy it. Some of the white pieces in my closet have been there for over 15 years and still look great!
A white top is essential to your wardrobe. I actually think several white tops are essential in your closet. Why? There are so many options, i.e tees, button ups, blouses, sweaters. They are as versatile as you get! The downfall of finding a great white top, it keeping it white year after year. Here are a few tips to keep your white tops nice and bright:
Tips To Keep Your Whites Bright
- Separate your loads! Even light colors can transfer onto your whites. Only wash whites with whites.
- Don’t overuse detergent. It’s common to assume the more detergent, the cleaner our clothes get. Wrong. The more detergent residue our clothes have, the more they attract dirt.
- Make sure your load is always well rinsed. I do a double rinse on my whites.
- Dry whites on low. A dryer that is too hot can singe your whites.
- Only use bleach on cotton and towels. It can damage delicate fabrics.
- Try mixing 1/2 cup of lemon juice to hot water. You can soak your clothes overnight. My mom also adds white vinegar.
- Use Borax. Borax boosts the detergent quality. It’s all natural and safe to use.
- You can use a product called White Brite. A little goes a long way, so read instructions. Can also be used on colors.
White Tops I’m Loving – words in bold are links
- Here I did a post on my FAVORITE WHITE TEE
- The WHTIE TEE I’m wearing in this post. It’s super thin and oversized. I love it! Only $34
- Gah, this ULLA JOHNSON TOP is gorgeous!
- Just bought this TEE in grey and now want it in white!
- This EMBROIDERED SILK TOP is gorgeous!
- The details on this WHITE CUTOUT TOP are really good!
- This is the SHIRT I’m wearing in today’s post. It’s so light and airy! Wearing a XS.
- Such a good DISTRESSED TEE
- I think this RUFFLED LACE top is really pretty!
- Really cute BOXY WHITE TEE for $35
- I’m a sucker for eyelet! Loving this WHITE EYELET TOP
- I love the way this SHORT SLEEVE BUTTON UP hangs
- This LACE MAJE TOP is insane! I love.
- I’ve worn this MADEWELL BUTTON UP for years. Still looks brand new!