What is better than a one sheet pan meal on a busy night? The answer, nothing. Being able to create a healthy meal that’s filing and everyone loves, plus quick clean up..the best! My friend Kelly first introduced me to this Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe. I’ve adapted it a bit with seasoning, but it’s essentially the same. Another great benefit is the ease of prepping your chicken and vegetables the night or day before. I already had all my peppers, onions and chicken cut into strips and placed in separate Ziplock bags (peppers in one, onion in another chicken in the other). You can also marinate (season) your chicken the night before this way for extra flavor.
How To Make Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
Are you ready for how simple this is? This should take you 20 minutes tops to prep before cooking. You will need:
- one baking sheet.
- tin foil (optional, it makes for easy clean up)
- chicken breast or tenders – sliced thin
- bell peppers – sliced thin
- white onion – sliced thin
- greek yogurt – sour cream substitute
- cheddar cheese – optional
- flour or corn tortillas
this amount feeds a family of 6. Adjust accordingly for your family or have leftovers.
- 10 chicken tenders or about 4 chicken breasts
- 5 bell peppers – I like a variety of color
- 1 large white onion
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- ground cumin
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning – see more TJ favorites HERE
- Tajin Seasoning (find at your local mexican market or most grocery stores. Our 7-Eleven also carries it)
- Individual Size of Fage Greek Yogurt – make sure you get plain. Add 2 tbsp of Taco Seasoning to the yogurt to make a great sour cream substitute
- 2-3 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line sheet pan with tinfoil and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Take your already sliced peppers, onion and chicken and place on sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- If you haven’t already seasoned your meat and veggies, do so now. I don’t measure, I just sprinkle each seasoning, including salt and pepper over the entire pan. I tend to use more of the Chili Lime and Tajin than I do the Cumin.
- Toss chicken and veggies to evenly coat them with the seasoning and olive oil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and veggies are tender. Half way through, stir the meat and vegetables. I like to turn the broiler on high for the last 5 minutes to brown everything a bit. Totally optional.
- Once your meal is cooked, remove from oven and squeeze one whole lime over the pan and top with a handful of chopped cilantro.
- Heat your tortillas in a dry skillet.
- Serve. Top with shredded cheese and your taco seasoned greek yogurt. You can also make this PROTEIN GUACAMOLE.
It’s so easy and your whole family will love it! Thanks for being here.
SHRIMP CEVICHE – PROTEIN GUACAMOLE –AIR POPPED POPCORN– TOMATILLO SALSA – LEMON CHICKEN SOUP – PROTEIN FUDGE – BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD – WHITE CHICKEN CHILI –PROTEIN BALLS – CHICKEN TOMATILLO SOUP – PROTEIN DATE SHAKE