In partnership with Nordstrom and RewardStyle
We are 10 days into 2019 and I’ve already bought a few new activewear pieces from Nordstrom and feel pretty good about some healthy habits I am trying to incorporate more of in my daily routine! Keep reading and I share what they are below.
I buy more than half of my activewear from Nordstrom. Why? They carry all the best brands I love like Nike, Alo, Aviator Nation, Adidas and Zella all on one website! Plus, online has so many more options which makes it hard to not order, try on and then keep what fits me best. Returns are so easy with Nordstrom’s return label in the box (pet peeve: when a store makes you log on to their site, let them know you are returning, then you print out your own return label #timesuck) Also, did you know you can even return regular Nordstrom orders to any Nordstrom Rack?! I literally just learned this last year.
In my latest order I bought this NIKE SWEATSHIRT to wear with my tried and true ZELLA LEGGINGS & WHITE NIKE CASUAL SNEAKERS. I also ordered these GREEN ZELLA PANTS and ZELLA WHITE LONG SLEEVE TOP. Both outfits are awesome! Everything was true to size, except the Nike sweatshirt, I went up one size. I also bought a new pair of SUNGLASSES, under $100!
5 Healthy Habits for 2019
- Walk Goldie to school at least 3 days a week. Why? It’s an additional 3200 steps (I’ve tracked it). If you are like me and work from a computer then drive kids to/from activities, you know somedays you don’t hit anywhere near 10k steps. Plus, I feel so much better the mornings I do walk her. Moving my body in the fresh air is a great way to start my day!
- Find a new natural hormone therapy doctor and have my hormones tested. I’ve written about this a couple of times. I first did this about 3 years ago and it made all the difference in how I felt emotionally, how my body reacted to the hard work I was putting in at the gym, the health of my hair, etc. I haven’t had my hormones checked since I had Ozzy and I need to! Also, I get so many questions when I discuss hormone therapy. I’m not an expert, I just know what works for me and that’s finding someone who specializes in hormone replacement therapy (google, yelp, ask friends) to have my labs done and then help me find what I need to feel my best.
- Keep my HYDRO FLASK filled with ice water with me whenever I leave the house. I’ve been doing this and guess what? I don’t feel the need to stop for a Diet Coke nearly as much. I’ve decided (actually I’ve always known this about myself), that I just like to have a drink in hand at all times regardless what it is.
- End each night with a 5 minute guided meditation. I use the app HeadSpace. Also, I know there are several others out there. I have such a hard time falling asleep at night. My head spins with lists, ideas, fears, mom guilt, etc. Ending the night with a 5 minute guided meditation has totally worked to calm my mind and allow my body to relax and fall asleep. If you haven’t tried this, I highly recommend!
- Jumprope more! First, I love to jumprope and I have to say, I’m pretty good at it. I’d like to thank my double dutch days in elementary school for that. Years and years ago while watching Oprah I heard Iman (the model) say she credits her long & lean body and fountain of youth face to jumping on a trampoline. I believe she said 15 minutes a day and you’ll never age. Obviously you will still age..but jumping is really good for your circulation, great cardio and why I personally think even after 4 kids I don’t pee my pants like many other moms! Gross, I know…but so very true. Jumping rope tightens your whole body..try it!