DIY FACE MASK RECIPES
You know how much I LOVE skincare and the importance of taking proper care of your skin as shown in my ANTI-AGING ROUTINE! Today I’m sharing something different with DIY at-home masks. Do you want to beat summer boredom with your kids or are you looking to save a little money on skincare and want to use all natural ingredients? These DIY face mask recipes are so simple to create for yourself or with your kids! Two or three ingredients you most likely already have at home can create a facial mask for oily skin, dry skin, acne prone and aging skin. They are safe to use on all skin types! Ripe fruit is the best for these facial treatments.
Cocoa Dream Hydration Mask
1. Mash one quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
2. Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well.
3. Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
The Exfoliating Brown Sugar Scrub Mask
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
Brown sugar sloughs off dead skin while coconut oil packs it with moisture. The result? A soft and glowy finish. Use equal parts brown sugar and coconut oil to form an easy scrub, apply it on your face in gentle circular motions, let it sink in for a few minutes and wash it off with warm water.
Organic Banana Face Mask – GLOW Mask
1. Mash one-half of a banana in a bowl.
2. Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey.
3. Apply the mask to your face (lumps are totally fine!) and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize.
The Blemish-Fighting Milk Mask
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of nutmeg
- And 2 teaspoons of milk
Slather on this honey milk mask to treat acne-prone skin. Honey naturally kills off bacteria to prevent future breakouts and nutmeg acts as a gentle exfoliator that’s great for sensitive skin. Let it sink in for 10-15 minutes before rinsing and then follow up with your favorite moisturizer.
Papaya Lightening Mask
1. Blend together two tablespoons of honey and a half-cup of mashed papaya.
2. Gently apply the mixture over your face for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash it off and moisturize.
Honey Citrus Mask – BRIGHTENING
1. Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter-cup of honey.
2. Rub the mixture lightly over your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and, as always and forever, follow with a moisturize.
The Hydrating Avocado Mask
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon plain organic yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
This moisturizing mask is great for stressed-out skin from a day outdoors. Mash the avocado until it’s soft and then mix in the yogurt and honey until it forms a paste. Apply to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. For a more intense dose of hydration, incorporate one or two teaspoons of virgin olive oil into the formula, which instantly softens and smoothes skin.
The Calming Honey Mask
- 2 tablespoons of pure honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 wedge of fresh lemon
Warm the honey in the microwave for a few seconds, then combine it with the cinnamon and the juice of a lemon wedge into a small bowl. Cinnamon is known to reduce inflammation and redness—plus, it sops up excess oil when applied topically. Lemon acid not only helps exfoliate your skin, but can minimize the appearance of dark spots, too. Gently massage the mixture onto your face in a circular motion and leave on for about 15-20 minutes, then rinse off.